Overview of QA Bodies
The Law on Higher Education (SR) defines responsible bodies in the process of quality assurance. Those bodies are:
National Entity for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education of Serbia - NEAQA is the body responsible for the accreditation process, higher education institution (HEI) quality assurance process, evaluation of study programmes and higher education quality assurance.
Commission for Accreditation is professional body of the National Accreditation Body. It consists of 17 members proposed by the National Council for Higher Education and appointed by the steering committee of the National Accreditation Body. The Commission "implements the accreditation of higher education institutions and study programs and the procedure of external quality assurance of higher education institutions, in accordance with the Law and prescribed procedure and standards for accreditation and external quality control".
The Accreditation Commission has the following tasks:
- Deciding on the application for accreditation and conducting the procedure of accreditation of institutions and study programs in the field of higher education;
- Creating report on the initial accreditation when a working licence is issued to an institution;
- External quality control implementation;
- Ensuring harmonization of accreditation procedures, within the European Higher Education Area;
- Performing other tasks in accordance with the Statute of the National Accreditation Body.
(Source: Eurydice, page updated 28 May, 2019)